Are you all on goodreads.com? If not, you should be. It's sort of like facebook, but for literature. You can start book club groups, get recommendations from your friends and read their reviews of other books and also write your own reviews.
One of my favorite things about that website is you can add books to a "to-read" list. I love this because I always forget what books I'm planning on reading. I'll hear about something that sounds great, and swing by the library or Barnes and Noble and my mind will go completely blank. With goodreads it's so easy to check and then actually get what you want!
Another fun things about goodreads is the giveaway section. Pre-released books are listed for giveaways by publishers and authors and you can enter to win. One day I spent a lot of time entering a bunch and a few weeks later I got an email saying I had won one of them! I was SO excited because I never win anything. I know a lot of people say that but I really don't.
I was pretty excited when the book arrived in the mail. Especially after I got over how creepy it looks. It also came with a book poster and I've really been enjoying myself switching out the photo below in other peoples frames.

I'm looking forward to reading it because I think if I hadn't won it I never would have chosen it. I'll let you all know how it turns out!
Cool! That's how Chris got the new Brandon Sanderson- The Way of Kings for free. It's awesome!
ReplyDeleteThat was me not Chris.
ReplyDeletethat's funny i just went to click on chris's name to see if that was him that commented :)
ReplyDeletecan't wait for a review of this book. i'm interested in it!!
i'm mel's friend by the way mindy. though i feel like i know you :)