Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Confused


Oscar Noms came out today. They rarely mean anything to me, seeing as how I don't watch Rated-R movies, which means I haven't seen 90% of the movies nominated. I have seen True Grit, however, which is an excellent movie. Crisp, clever, straightaway, and suspenseful, with superb acting. Hailee Steinfeld, a newbie, was amazing, and she was nominated for Best Supporting Actress. What I don't get is, how is it Best Supporting Actress when she was the main part of the movie? She was in every scene (almost). Jeff Bridges was also nominated, for Best Actor. Which I can see- I love him- but he was less of a part than Hailee Steinfeld was! So he should've been nominated for the supporting role, not her. It doesn't make sense.

Had to get that out there.

1 comment:

  1. I've been dying to ask you about that movie. My sister said she didn't like the ending so I was wondering what you thought. I'll probably just wait for DVD release.

    ReplyDelete