Because my DVR is set to record everything from Masterpiece Theater I've stumbled upon another little treasure that I thought I would share. It's called Little Dorrit and was made in 2008 and is an adaptation of a Charles Dickens novel. One of my favorite things about Masterpiece Theater is that they use completely unknown actresses for the leads, fresh from acting school and it allows for these seemingly plain girls to breath life into the characters, like Ruth Wilson in Jane Eyre, and now with Claire Foy as Amy Dorrit. It also stars Matthew Macfadyen from the new Pride and Prejudice and I'm happy to say I enjoyed watching him in this role as well. (Almost as much as when he played Mr. Darcy.)
The story is supposed to be loosely based on Dickens life, and although the subplots are a little confusing, I really enjoyed it. There are 14 episodes total, so it takes a chunk of time to get through them, but I can assure you that along with everything else Masterpiece Theater does it will be well worth it.
Yay I just added it to my queue.
ReplyDelete